Hydrated Lime / Slaked Lime / Calcium Hydroxide
How to buy good quality Hydrated Lime?
1. What is Hydrated Lime? How is it made?
Hydrated Lime also called Slaked Lime is a type of dry powder made from limestone. It is created by adding water to quicklime (calcium oxide) in order to turn oxides into hydroxides. Combined with water and sand or cement, hydrated lime is most often used to make mortars and plasters. Chemical name of Hydrated Lime is calcium hydroxide, or Ca(OH)2.
2. Hydrated Lime Uses
Hydrated Lime has a variety of application. Some of its uses are:
- Steel industry: The steel industry uses lime on a massive scale to neutralize impurities in operations where coke is a by-product. Hydrated lime serves as an efficient short-term barrier to oxygen corrosion, therefore steel plates are frequently encased in it.
- Chemicals manufacturing industry: Hydrated lime is used as a primary ingredient in the production of a wide range of chemicals. Bromide, caustic soda, fluoride, magnesia, lactate, nitrate, oleate, and stearate are among the ingredients. Hydrated lime is used as the starting material in the manufacture of many organic and inorganic calcium salts, including calcium carbide, calcium hypochlorite, calcium magnesium acetate, and calcium phosphate. Another factor in the purification of citric acid is hydrated lime.
- Treatment of flue gases: Hydrated lime catalyzes the emission of particles from burning fuel in cement plants, coal fire plants, glass factories, and other incendiary operations. Acidic pollutants including hydrogen fluoride, hydrogen chloride, sulfur dioxide, selenium, and fine particulate matter that are often released into the environment are caught by the anions in hydrated lime, which eventually convert them into calcium sulfate.
- Sugar industry: Hydrated lime is used to react with impurities and raise pH in the manufacturing of both cane and beet sugar. Additionally, the production of maple syrup, sorghum, or other viscous sugars benefits from the removal of contaminants by hydrated lime. Excess lime is eliminated by carbonation before the finished product is packed.
- Acid reduction: Before making butter, lime water is added to the cream portion of milk after it is divided into skimmed milk and cream. This lowers the amount of acid in the cream. Lime added to the leftover milk either yields calcium lactate, a boon for dietary supplements, or lactic acid, when mixed with a low pH chemical.
- Baking powder creation: Baking powder (monocalcium phosphate) is a reaction of phosphoric acid with high calcium lime.
- Masonry binding: Sand and hydrated lime are bound together to create plaster and stucco. Cement shrinkage and cracking are greatly reduced by 15% hydrated lime addition. Hydrated lime is used in the construction of earthen dams, airfields, and road and building foundations.
- Paint formation: Limewash painting is achieved when water and pigment are added to hydrated lime to form a paste-like consistency before it is applied.
- Soil amending: Adding basic hydrated lime to acidic soil stabilizes the pH for superior plant growth.
3. Where to buy Hydrated Lime?
Vietnam is a country located in Southeast Asia that has been known for its natural resources, including limestone. Vietnam has become a major supplier of Limestone/Quick Lime/ Hydrated Lime because of its abundance of high-quality limestone reserves, making it a top choice for importing countries in need of this valuable resource.
Vietnam's limestone is of superior quality which is good material for manufacturing Hydrated Lime. The limestone reserves in Vietnam are located in various provinces, including Ha Nam, Quang Ninh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, and Ha Tinh. These reserves have been proven to be of high quality, with a high calcium carbonate content of over 90%. Additionally, Vietnam's limestone is known for its low impurities and high whiteness, making it ideal for use in the production of cement, steel, and fertilizer.
Vietnam's competitive pricing is another reason why it is the best supplier of Hydrated Lime. The cost of production in Vietnam is relatively low due to its abundant natural resources and low labor costs. This translates to lower prices for limestone, making it more affordable for importing countries.
4. Packing of Hydrated Lime for Export purpose/ Overseas purchase?
Normally, Hydrated Lime are packed into 25KGS bag or Jumbo Bag for exporting. They are loaded in container with wooden pallet
5. Specification of good quality Hydrated Lime
SPECIFICATION OF HYDRATED LIME - SHC GROUP
VIET NAM TECHNOLOGY MINERALS JSC - SHC GROUP
Ms. Jasmine (Sales Executive)
WhatsApp: +84 93 61 65 098